2. In case of inclement weather, acts of God or other circumstances, the Presenter reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race, or determine winners by a random drawing, at its sole discretion.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Producer.
4. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on the Adoption Form. Multiple duck adoptions will be assigned the same identification number. The person’s name who appears on the Adoption Form corresponding to the first ducks in order of finish will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes can be reviewed on our website: www.easterniowaduckrace.org.
5. Only completed entry forms will be accepted. Mailed entries must be received by Producer by Thursday, June 15th, 2017. Entries must be mailed to Daybreak Rotary, PO Box 1486, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52406-1486. Any late entries will be considered a donation to the event. All other entries must be received by an authorized representative of Producer and received by Producer before the race. If available, ducks can be adopted the day of the race. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to Producer or an authorized representative of the Producer. No purchase or donation is necessary in order to enter or win. The Presenter requests a $5 donation per duck adoption “Entry” to benefit the charitable work of the organization. A donation does not increase your chances of winning. One duck adoption Entry per person, without donation, may be obtained via United States Postal service by indicating “Free Duck,” along with Entrant’s name and telephone number with an enclosed self-addressed stamped envelope. Please send your request to the following address: Daybreak Rotary, PO Box 1486, Cedar Rapids, IA 52406. Requests for Entry without donation received in the mail after June 16th, 2017, or after 15,000 ducks have been adopted will not be honored.
6. Winners will be posted on www.easterniowaduckrace.org. Winners will, where necessary, also be notified by United States mail or telephone. A winner is entitled to receive only the prize awarded and is responsible for all applicable federal and state taxes and license and registration fees payable in connection with the prize.
7. Prizes awarded to minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardians.
8. Winners are required to provide proper identification and social security number and will be subject to payment of applicable federal and state income taxes on the value of the prize. Such taxes are required to be paid prior to release of a prize to the prize winner.
9. By entering, winners consent to promotional use of their names and likeness without additional compensation.
10. No winner will receive more than one (1) prize.
11. Prizes will be awarded “as is” and no substitution of prizes will be permitted. Producer will have no liability with respect to any prize awarded.
12. Duck race entrants need not be present to win.
13. If a winner does not come forward to claim the prize won within 30 days following the race, that prize will be forfeited and Producer will declare another winner for that prize.
14. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
15. By entering, entrants release the Producer, sponsors, employees, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes and to bodily injury or damage to property on the event site and surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of the Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities.
16. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is voided where prohibited by law.
17. The conduct of this race, and the determination of race winners will be audited by a representative of an Independent accounting firm. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Producer, and judgment is final. If deemed necessary, Producer has the discretion to modify rules.
18. A copy of these rules and regulations is available at www.easterniowaduckrace.org
19. The Derby Duck Race/Turbo Turtle Trek is a licensed fundraising event of GAME – Great American Merchandising and Events. The logo and name cannot be used or copied without its written consent. For more information, please log on to game-group.com or call (602)957-3825.